Thursday, May 13, 2010

try something new


I have always admired crafty people. Maybe admired is the wrong word. I’ve always been extremely jealous of talented people who can whip up delicious meals, bake little pieces of heaven, sew, make jewelry, paint, fix up yards, and people who can decorate a house so effortlessly. So I’m pretty much envious of every esty artist out there. Ha! Maybe I’m thinking about this because I was up watching HGTV way too late last night.

Anyhow...I’ve always said  that one day I’ll take a cooking class, or one day I’ll learn to sew. I’m kind of tired of waiting. I’ll be 25 in exactly one month and the countdown for my 29 before 30 list is really going to start. So I think it’s time for me to start discovering new things. And I thought that maybe if I wrote about this here it would challenge me to actually do it. I’m going to start posting my “try something new” adventures. I’d like to learn something new at least once a month.

My first thing I want to try is making these pom poms. I think they would be so pretty in my new house. Real life friends be prepared to make these with me. Pictures to come another day.



When was the last time you tried something for the first time?

(photos from here and here)
Related Posts with Thumbnails