Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Awaken


Beautiful - by Phil Wickham
I see Your face in every sunrise
The colors of the morning are inside Your eyes
The world awakens in the light of the day
I look up to the sky and say
You're beautiful
I see Your power in the moonlit night
Where planets are in motion and galaxies are bright
We are amazed in the light of the stars
It's all proclaiming who you are
You're beautiful
I see you there hanging on a tree
You bled and then you died and then you rose again for me
Now you are sitting on Your heavenly throne
Soon we will be coming home
You're beautiful
When we arrive at eternity's shore
Where death is just a memory and tears are no more
We'll enter in as the wedding bells ring
Your bride will come together and we'll sing
You're beautiful
I see Your face, I see Your face, I see Your face

I hear this song and it really makes me think of just how incredible God is. He is the utmost creator. Before the foundations of the earth were laid, and before the heavens were designed, he was thinking of us. We were the motive behind it all; the universe, the earth, everything was created to uniquely suit our existence. But we weren’t just made to live in this world just because. Ultimately we were made because of love. He IS love and He made us so that he can express it to us. We were made for Him.

I think that’s a pretty exceptional thing. Every day you see so much heartache and pain in this world, so to know that the one who made it, He only desires to show us love and give us an abundant life here on earth and an eternal one, if we make the decision to believe in Jesus and live for Him. Why would anyone want to live for anything else? Everything else is so temporary and constantly changing. Cultures are always changing. People are constantly changing, even some religions adjust their beliefs to go with the times. Thankfully Jesus never changes. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Whether you believe it or not, we all need saving and there’s only one way that leads to life and that's through Him.  


“For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, everything got started in Him and finds its purpose in Him.” -Colossians 1:16 Message Bible


I don’t want my life to just be about finding fulfillment for the things that please me, instead of caring about what pleases Him. I don’t want to live to try to find happiness in my own ambitions or material things.  If I want to discover my true purpose I have to keep seeking Him. I don’t have the ability to save myself so I trust Him.

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose.”
–Jim Elliot

(photo from here)
Related Posts with Thumbnails