Friday, February 19, 2010

Quiet.



It’s very rare that I find a calm moment to escape and just sit in silence with God. I’m just beginning to understand the importance of getting away from all the noise and just be still. We don’t always have to be moving, have to be figuring out every day’s problem. Most days we just need to find a quiet spot and just listen. Just let Him be God. He doesn’t shout over my noise, He’s waiting for me to sit down, be quiet and trust.

I’ve never been one to really appreciate the blessing of having good health, until I had a child that wasn’t born with a perfect wellbeing. It wasn’t until then that I understood how truly valuable a thing it is. Micah has had problems with asthma since he was a little over a year old. He gets pneumonia frequently, and lately has been in the doctor’s office several times a month. It breaks my heart watching my son struggle for breath and now come and tell me “mommy I can’t breathe.” Monday morning it started again. The routine like always. Day one coughing, day two wheezing and sleepless nights, day three and so on it gets worse and worse until we get antibiotics, steroids and he has breathing treatments every few hours for a week before things go back to normal.


I grew up having two amazing parents who have unrelenting faith in God and I have seen miracle after miracle happen because of them stepping out and putting that faith to work. So I know that God can heal. I’ve read about it in the Bible and I’ve seen it happen with my own eyes. The other night, on a rare occasion when everything was quiet, in the silence I asked my father who is the God of miracles, who loves me more than I will ever understand, to do a miracle for me. He is the only one who will never break a promise and He promised in His word that “whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” So I asked, and He told me to go lay my hands on my sleeping son and pray, and I listened. Afterwards I went to bed believing that my God is alive and working in my life and expecting that He was going to come through for me. The next day I woke up rejoicing. No sleepless night, hardly a cough at all. The whole next day Micah was running around outside playing in the grass and dirt but again no coughing, no wheezing. All day there was no need for medicine or breathing treatments. My son doesn’t have asthma anymore. We’re going to the doctor this afternoon and I’m going in expecting good news.


“Make time for the quiet moments as God whispers and the world is loud.”

update 2/23: I wanted to tell you that we went to the doctor on Friday and just 1 day after Micah was miraculously healed the doctor confirmed that his lungs looked awesome!
another update 4/30: Stephen, Skylar and I have been sick for the past few weeks battling cold after cold but Micah is doing wonderful and is the healthiest one of us all.
update:March 2011- Micah just went for his 4 year old well check and things are great. He hasn't been to the doctor for a sick visit in over a year! Hasn't been sick once this whole winter season!


(photo  from here)
Related Posts with Thumbnails