Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The plan for 2011

I love this quote because it means there's still hope for me. Stephen and I started dating back in 2003 and I promised him that I would learn to cook once we were married. We were married in 2005 and then I promised him it would happen once we had kids. Micah came in 2006, Skylar in 2009 and here I am 25 and I have a good 3, maybe 4 decent recipes under my belt. Terrible! So this years resolution (yes I make them and I've kept them the last 2 years) is to perfect 10 new meals. So here begins my first adventures in cooking post. Now to find a cute recipe book on etsy to put them in.

Now this doesn't actually count as one of the 10 because I've been making this for years. This is my absolute favorite fast easy lunch meal and I wanted to share it with you because its the best!
Cost-Under $5
Feeds-2 adults
Ingredients-1 small can of tomato sauce
1 package of noodles
1 cube of chicken bouillan
shredded cheese
So here's my version:
Start by pouring a little splash of vegetable oil at the bottom of a medium sized skillet. Then add the bag of noodles and stir them around the pan on medium high heat until the noodles are a golden brown. Quickly throw in the can of tomato sauce, and fill up the empty can with water and pour it in. Add another can full of water and the cube of bouillan and heat it up to a boil. Let it boil for 2 - 3 minutes, then turn it down to medium low and cover until the sauce thickens. Make sure and stir frequently so the noodles don't stick to the bottom. Once its thick enough, add as much cheese as you want. I think the more cheese the better. Add a dash of salt & pepper and your done. This is a great meal for kids too. I could eat this everyday.
Enjoy!
Know a great easy recipe? Feel free to send it my way.
Related Posts with Thumbnails