Monday, December 27, 2010

2010 favorites part 4



My favorite discoveries of the year.

1. Mmmusic to my ears.
This year I found and fell in love with Mumford & Sons, Florence and the Machine, Lovelite, Sigur Ros, The Black Keys, Lighthouse & the Whaler, JJ Heller, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Beach House, Kim Walker, Local Natives, Sophie Madeleine, just to name a few.
It's been a good year for music discoveries.
2. I'm an official momtrepreneur
In September I opened up my very own little shop. It's something I've always wanted to do and I finally had the guts to do it. It's been so much fun. Can't wait to see what new colectibles I'll be dreaming up in 2011.
3. Heart tuggers
True love is shown through sacrifice.
We show tangible love by how we care
for those who are suffering.
All of these organizations above have tugged on my heartstrings and caused us to finally open our eyes to whats going on and stand up and be a part of these amazing groups doing something to stop the injustice in the world.
4. "We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own."
people who have brightened my path this year...
Beth Moore, Francis Chan, David Platt, Corrie Ten BoomPriscilla Shirer, Mission Community Church.
This year I learned just how important it is to constantly be feeding your spirit with uplifting things. I was so encouraged by these authors above. And my church. We are so so blessed to have found a church that is so passionate about doing justice,
loving mercy and walking humbly.
and of course I met a bunch of new sweet, encouraging friends here. :)
5. I tried something new!
I figured out cheap ways to redecorate my house. 
I'm slowly learning new things to cook.
I kind of learned how to sew.
 I'll be trying to work on those new skills in 2011.

Excited to see what new things I discover next year.
What were some of your
favorite discoveries this year?

photo via
Related Posts with Thumbnails