Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The more I seek you, the more I find you


"Your strength will come from settling down in complete dependence on me." Isaiah 30:15 Message Bible


So I’m kind of laughing at myself right now. I asked God for something and expected that He would answer me in time. I was definitely thinking He would provide opportunity for this thing later down the road, when I was more equipped you could say, or when the time was right for me. But it doesn’t work like that. I don’t know why I was surprised to find out that He was going to answer me now. It looks like God thinks now is the right time for that opportunity I asked for. Enter fear, doubt, sick in my tummy feeling. Now where is that dagger list I was talking about in my last post? Definitely time to pull that sucker out!

So immediately when this opportunity arose I was scared and kind of ran away from the idea for a bit. But I knew deep inside that this was Him answering me. I knew that this was a step that I needed to take in my faith. It’s time for me to exit comfort zone and step out. It’s time to get my butt in that quiet place so that He can give me strength and courage. I feel like Moses when he was like "but God what am I going to say!"

I keep hearing this verse in my head- “faith without works is dead.” It just keeps coming back to me. And so finally I just sat down and really thought about what that really means. I think it means that there are two different types of faith. One is being faith that doesn’t have any fruit. Like for instance someone who believes, but doesn’t have any evidence in their life that would prove it. The second would be someone who believes and that belief results in a changed life that shows the proof of faith in the actions, the transformed lifestyle. The first being dead faith, the second living faith because its producing something.

So I know that was quite a detour I just went on but I have a point. God did this thing for me a few weeks ago and now He wants me to do this other thing that is a little scary for me but I’m going to step out and put my faith to work. I believe that He answered my prayer and now it’s my turn to share the testimony of His greatness in my life. But before I step out I need to settle down and be still so that I can figure out exactly what it is that He wants me to say. And so the journey continues…the more I seek Him, the more I find Him.

My song of the moment…

Brooke Fraser
None But Jesus

In the quiet, in the stillness
I know that You are God
In the secret of Your presence
I know there I am restored

When You call I won't refuse
Each new day again I'll choose

There is no one else for me
None but Jesus
Crucified to set me free
Now I live to bring Him praise

In the chaos, in confusion
I know You're Sovereign still
In the moment of my weakness
You give me grace to do Your will

When You call I won't delay
This my song through all my days

All my delight is in You Lord
All of my hope, all of my strength
All my delight is in You Lord Forevermore

(photo from here)
Related Posts with Thumbnails