Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Here’s to Happiness

I saw this on another blog and thought it was a cute idea.

10 things that make me terribly happy:


1. Finding an old card or note from grandma… how I miss her
2. Cuddling in my warm bed with my 3 boys while listening to the rain pour down outside
3. Etsy.com- I could shop on there all day
4. Reading cards from my husband. Even after 7 years together he still knows exactly what to say to make my heart tingle
5. Finding a great book that hooks me from beginning to end
6. Dreaming up decorating ideas for the new house
7. Quiet mornings of journaling my inspirations from the word
8. Remembering good ol times with close friends
9. The day that movie or book I’ve been anxiously waiting for finally comes. -feels like christmas :)
10. Watching my boys sleep, laugh, pout, discover, smile, be silly, learn, and grow.


One of my 2010 resolutions was to be a more positive person. I don’t think any good can come out of constantly thinking negatively about situations and I tended to do that a lot before. So when I get the blues I try to do a couple things. One being remembering the things in my life that I am grateful for. (See mine above) The other idea is to create a dagger list. It’s a list of scriptures that remind me of God’s promises to me that will help me combat the negative thoughts that the enemy throws at me. Example: Feeling mentally/emotionally exhausted- Psalm 138:7 -“Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me.” When I’m feeling alone- Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid, for the Lord your God, He is the one who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” “Every part of scripture is God breathed and useful one way or another-showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live .” 2Tim 3:16-17 Message Bible

I want to purposely fill my mind with His word so that I can fight off all the things the enemy wants to use to distract me and make me stumble. I heard this quote this week that I thought was so very true...
“Whatever consumes you
spills out of your mouth.”

Hopefully this will make you think about what is going in and what is coming out of you.

Oh and one more thing that makes me happy...
having a dog to suck up the crumbs between the couch cushions.  It's the little things in life...
Kula

(photo from here)
Related Posts with Thumbnails