Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I like you

I woke up this morning feeling good. Last night was the first night in a really really long time that I slept for 6+ hours. My husband is out of town and after 7 years of having him sleeping next to me, my brain has things programmed to where I don't sleep on nights he's away. So I woke up squished in with my boys feeling super thankful for some extra rest.


I woke up thinking about how good God has been to me, even when I feel like I don't deserve it. I'm so thankful that He loves me + fills me up when I feel empty. {The Lord will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever flowing spring. Isaiah 58:11} I love this verse right now. I'm finally feeling some strength in these bones again.  I'm reminding myself that I go from empty to full, find joy +  feel fully alive when I stay close to the source. So thankful He always guides me back to Him.

It's been awhile since I made a list of things making me happy lately...
Turning 27.  Having time to do some fun reading. Friends that bring me brunch when I'm afraid to go anywhere with 3 kids by myself. ha! Getting back to the workout routine. Mr. Madden turns 1 month on Friday.  Starting fall wedding orders. I love fall wedding colors. Having a sleepover with a best friend + our kids. Being able to hike again.
 Washing my cell phone not a favorite moment this week but finding old videos like this one on my temporary old phone was kind of nice. Micah + Sky were so small! The last second of this video cracks me up.

Online shopping. Does it mean your old when you buy yourself a door mat with your birthday money? Getting paint crazy again. Dreaming up some home DIY decorating projects. Husband don't be scared.Vacation planning. Sky's 4th of July birthday around corner.


What are you thankful for/liking this week?

Related Posts with Thumbnails