Wednesday, April 4, 2012

making room for baby

Baby's room is officially ready. This is the first time I've really decorated a nursery (Sorry Sky + Micah). I tried to be as gender neutral as possible since we weren't planning on finding out the sex. We actually ended up finding out this past weekend but we are keeping the news a surprise. After baby arrives I'll definitely be adding a few more girl or boy touches to it.
 I decided to go with a hot air balloon theme after seeing this diy from Joye. Her lanterns are a little more fancy but loved the idea and tweaked it with materials I had around the house. Paper mobile from goshandgolly.

 I'll be switching out this bird garland later on after the secrets out. Giraffe was a thrift find by hubby. Ikea lantern lamp + the mirror one of my spray paint crazy creations.
This alphabet print is one of my favorite etsy finds.
Hubby found this vintage rocking chair at a garage sale for $5. One day I will get up the courage to attempt to reupholster myself. Quilt was another favorite etsy find.

More tweaks to come but for now room + mommy are ready for baby.
Related Posts with Thumbnails