Wednesday, June 22, 2011

confession.


I’m guilty of being one of those people who preach about loving everyone when really I secretly hold all sorts of bitterness and animosity for some. It’s just so much easier to hold it in then to let it go and really love.

Have you ever noticed that people who have been married for a long period of time start to act and look alike? You begin to mirror the people you surround yourself with and I know this is true because the more time I spend with Jesus the more I start to see things differently. I’ve recently started to look at someone I hated for so long in a new way. The laundry list of reasons why I’m supposed to think they’re a bad person is fading away and I’m left staring at a messy person just like me. Who is made from the same dust and is unconditionally loved by the same Father.

I was thinking about Paul and how he went from being one of the biggest persecutors of the early church to writing most of the New Testament. It just goes to show that no one is beyond redemption. God’s love has no limits. His heart cry is for us all to come home.

Lord change my heart. Help me to really love like you do.

{I'll give you a new heart, put a new spirit in you. I'll remove the stone heart from your body and replace it with a heart that's God-willed, not self-willed. I'll put my Spirit in you and make it possible for you to do what I tell you and live by my commands.}
Ezekiel 36:26 message


*I am also here today. If you haven't checked out faith blogs yet I definitely think you should. So many wonderful blogs there.
Related Posts with Thumbnails