Thursday, October 14, 2010

refreshed


I have some pretty amazing parents. They took the kids for the night and all day today and gave this mommy a much needed break. I'll of course be working all day on shop stuff but still just having a quiet house for awhile makes me happy.

I woke up this morning and had some much needed quiet time and for the first time in a long time I feel fully refreshed.  There is nothing in this world that brings more peace than soaking in the Word of God when you are feeling completely worn out. I was just thinking about how quick I am to overwhelm myself and forget that I really can't do this on my own. I need Him every single day. It's not that life is so breezy when I'm deliberately making the choice to seek Him, its just that when I am actively seeking Him my eyes are opened to just how big He is and how small these everyday problems are instead of vice versa.

How amazing is it that there's not a list of steps I have to take to get up that mountain and meet with God. My God comes down and meets with me. He dwells with us. Lev 26:12.

"It takes more than bread to stay alive. It takes a steady stream of words from God's mouth." Matthew 4:4
Related Posts with Thumbnails