Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The big story


One of the main reasons I started this blog was to have a place to talk about the ways my life is transforming after making the decision to really seek after Jesus. One of the most significant changes is that I don't see the Bible as a big weight on my shoulders anymore. It used to be that everytime I picked it up I felt nothing but guilt because it had been so long. Or I saw it as a list of things in my life that I'm doing completely wrong.
I don’t see it that way anymore.
After putting all previous notions aside and actually picking it up and diving in I see what it really is.
I now see it like this...
It's a story with a hero who happens to be royalty. He leaves his throne, leaves everything to rescue his lost love. It's ultimately a love story, just the kind I like.

 Its 66 books of stories but they are all a part of the big story and that is God's plan to rescue and restore his people. Right now I'm studying the end, the end which is still to come for us, and its blowing me away.

I encourage you to set down your current beliefs and read it. Study it for yourself.
This link will send you to a series from my church that you can listen to online. We're going through the Bible beginning to end in 13 weeks and so far I have learned so so much. So if you have some down time and want to have a listen start with the one called creation and work your way up. You will be glad you did.

"Tis not that I did choose Thee,
For Lord, that could not be;
This heart would still refuse Thee,
Hadst Thou not chosen me...

My heart owns none before Thee,
For Thy rich grace I thirst;
This knowing, if I love Thee,
Thou must have loved me first."

Josiah Conder, 1836
Related Posts with Thumbnails