Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's been a year

This is me exactly a year ago...
We were trying to talk Skylar into coming out early which he did. Two weeks early on my favorite holiday.  I look at this picture and I can't believe how much has changed in a year. We are now in our own home, I'm not pregnant anymore yay, Micah is now potty trained (thank God), and I'm now at home with my boys. This was around the time that I was doing lunges around the office to try and get my water to break so that I could finally transition from working mama to work from home mama. It was a stressful decision but I'm really glad that I made it. I think its so silly now how much I worried if I was making the right choice.

There are so many instances in my life where I needlessly worried about decisions and still do. I'm just now learning that this is life. Sometimes you pick the right path and other times you end up taking a few detours, but in the end you realize that even in the times when you went off trail a bit you still learned something. I think especially the harder times help make you who you are. One of my all time favorite quotes is this. It always brings me some hope when I feel like I've made a really bad detour.

Related Posts with Thumbnails