Sunday, February 7, 2010

Occupation: domestic engineer

It’s been 7 months since I became a work at home mommy. I’ve decided to say work at home instead of stay at home because dang this job is A LOT of work! But I don’t regret the decision at all. Every day something crazy, exciting and wonderful happens (as you can see from the pictures below). Micah is 3 and he is just so energetic and inquisitive and super- social and brilliant. He is just so smart it amazes me. And Skylar is just my perfect baby. I just can’t imagine not being able to be here every day with them watching their lives unfold, watching them grow up way too quickly.


 
(yes that's superman on the ceiling fan to which Micah claimed "he just flew up there mommy.")


It’s definitely been a journey. And I feel like I’m learning so much more about myself. Like I never realized how compulsively tidy I am until we bought this house. That sounds so weird -compulsively tidy does not work when you have a 3 year old and house full of kiddos half the week. 8p


I’ll be 25 this year and I feel like I’m just now really becoming the real me. You spend so much time while you’re young trying to figure out who you are, who you want to be and I’m excited because for the first time I feel at peace with where I’m at. I’m a wife, I’m a mom and I’m happy with that. I know there are some people that think I’m selling myself short because I didn’t finish college but I really feel no urgency to jump back into that right now. I’m pretty stinkin satisfied at the moment.:)


I believe that we were made because God our creator wants to have an individual, personal relationship with each of us. He doesn’t just want to talk to the spiritually elite.  He wants to draw near and speak to all of us. A lot of people are too busy waiting on God to do His part that they don’t realize that He could be waiting on us to do ours. So finally, after 20+ years of being a “christian” I decided to seek, really truly seek Him with everything that I have and in these past few months I have actually seen God at work in my life; I have truly heard Him for the first time. And it’s been amazing because even though I chose not to take the route that a lot of people expected me to, I am filled with complete joy because I have connected, I am finally living for the reason that I was created to live for.


So much more to add to this but another time. :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails