Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Catching up

Hi again. I miss this blog and my blog friends. I've been borderline nervous breakdown busy lately so I haven't had much time to pop in and catch up. So here's a little bit of what's been going on.
My baby turned 2 on the 4th of July so we took a little fishing trip up north, which if you know me then you know I am terrified of fish. I did catch one and then made Stephen touch it and throw it back. ha!  I think Micah's just like his mommy on this one. Enjoying every minute with these boys.
Turns out making the decision to focus the shop on customizing wedding orders was probably my best business choice yet, because come to find out people are really crazy about nontraditional, felt rose bouquets. Who knew! 
I'm such a newbie on the indie biz scene and wasn't quite prepared for the opportunities that came up all at once so I've had to do something kind of hard for me to do and that is to ask for help. My very sweet friends were over at my house all weekend helping me with prep work but now I have to seriously hunt down a part-time crafting partner. (I feel weird saying employee) So I would love some prayers that God would send me the right person. Oh and I forgot to mention, I've been asked to be a featured artist in an upcoming felt craft book! I'm feeling extremely blessed by the surprises God throws my way.

Our hearts are still being prepared for overseas missions. I really can't wait to see what God has in store. I keep thinking that maybe what He has me doing now with my little shop is preparing me for something bigger down the road, or maybe it will grow into something that can help sustain us when He says it's time to go. Not sure what He has planned, but for now I'm really just trying to learn how to be led by the Spirit every day. I'm ready to stop having to be in control of everything and trust Him to take over and mold my life in a way that it's going to best bring Him glory, bring people closer to Jesus.

Sorry so long! I've missed you friends. I hope all of you are having a great summer. I'd love to hear about what's going on with you.
Related Posts with Thumbnails