Thursday, January 20, 2011

I didn't forget

Week 3 into 2011 and I haven't forgotten the resolution already. I promised to learn 10 new recipes by the end of the year and here is my #1. The perfect cold weather meal.


Cost-$10
Serves-An army
Ingredients-
1 large can of ranch style beans
1-2 lbs of ground beef
1 large can of crushed tomatos
2 packages of chili mix
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1/2 a can of diced green chilis
shredded cheese
onion
sour cream optional

Step 1- Brown meat and mix in chopped onion.
Step 2-Mix in all ingredients except for sour cream and cheese
Step 3- Simmer on medium low for an 1 hr to 2 hrs
Step 4- Serve with cheese and/or sour cream on top with crackers or cornbread on the side.

The husband rated this a 9!
We're off to a good start.
Have a yummy, easy recipe? I would love to try it.
 Send it my way.
Related Posts with Thumbnails