Monday, December 13, 2010

my favorites of the year


I don't know about you but I love end of the year best lists. So I decided I wanted to make a few of my own favorites of 2010 starting with the books I loved reading this year. So here are my top 3 books. (in no particular order)

One. The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom.
Not just another holocaust book. This book is one of the most inspirational books I've ever read. The story of such a selfless, courageous family who go through the absolute most horrendous circumstances with faith and trust in God like I've never seen before. This book completely changed the way I see things forever. If there were ever two women that I would want to be like it would be Corrie and her sister Betsy.

My favorite quote:
"There are no 'ifs' in God's Kingdom. His timing is perfect. His will is our hiding place. Lord Jesus, keep me in Your will! Don't let me go mad by poking about outside it."

Two. Radical by David Platt  
This book changed the way I look at everything. It encouraged me to dive in to scripture and really listen to what Jesus is saying, not just go with what I've been taught all my life, or what I hear in the American Christian world. This book left me convicted and challenged.

Three. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
If you haven't read the first two books in this series then you should. This is the most entertaining, intense, fun reads. I anxiously awaited this final book to come out. I have to say it wasn't my favorite in the series but still some of my favorite books.



Crazy Love & Safe Haven were a couple others I enjoyed.

What were your 2010 favorites?
 comment me if you play along so that I can see your favorites.
Related Posts with Thumbnails