Wednesday, October 6, 2010

home tour #2

A couple of months ago I decided it was time for a change in my home decor. I'm 25 now and the red, white and black color scheme I had picked out when I was 19 wasn't cutting it anymore. I needed to add some bright, happy colors so I decided to swap out the red for an aqua/teal, grey and bright orange.
So here are some of my favorite touches...

I started off by painting my dining room table and chairs. I've always loved the look of having different color chairs. I think it just brings some character to the kitchen. The vase I found in a vintage etsy shop and the felt rose is by me.

I've mentioned this chalkboard about 3 times now but I love it. The cake stand we use more as a key stand for now but I'm putting it to full use for party time this weekend. and the frame I bought on clearance and spray painted it to match the chairs.

Door wreath by who else but handmadecolectibles. My first little collage that I'll be adding to.
The birds and f are from my one of my favorite shops-tucker reece. Silhouettes of my boys turned out awesome.  And the tune my heart print is from another favorite shop-tankandtink.

My no sew throw pillows and the piece that brings it all together-the tree painting done by my friend Rob Soper. This is the second painting he's done for us and we absolutely love it. He does all sorts of custom art pieces so if you are looking for an artist to create something unique just for you email me and I can put you in contact with him.

That's it for now but many more projects to come.
Thanks for visiting my home!
Related Posts with Thumbnails