Wednesday, July 7, 2010

One life, one chance


The line-"holding fast without wavering" caught my eye this week. It really made me think had I sincerely predetermined my devotion. Am I fully confident, absolutely no wavering, loyal to the one I love? Where no fear of losing reputation or unanswered prayer, losing someone close to me or even having my own life threatened could make me lose that faith? Have you ever thought about that? I’m convinced that in order to believe (or choosing not to) takes faith. Whatever you believe in, it doesn’t have to be Jesus, could anything make you abandon it?

I searched my heart and know my answer and it’s not because of how I was raised. Trust me I’ve spent years running and hiding. I’ve spent years questioning all of it. I simply find it impossible not to love Him once you see past the world’s tainted view of Him and really seek to find Him. Sometimes it’s really hard to get to the point where you feel like you could even try. But know that God is full of mercy. So much that He sent Jesus-the perfect sacrifice to take care of all our sin once and for all. You don’t have to do good things to win his affection. You don’t have to try and fix yourself. You can come to him messy, because if you sincerely believe and have faith that His sacrifice paid your ransom, then you can come to Him and He will make you perfect.

“My son did not die in vain. He died for you, and he rose victoriously. He stands guard over heaven, not to keep you out, but to make you clean so that you can come in. I know you’re filthy, but my son will make you perfect forever.”

We have one life, one chance. Are you fully confident, with absolutely no wavering in whatever faith you have chosen to believe? I know what it feels like to live with uncertainty and just hope that when it ends, it ends while your on the high end of the rollercoaster. I know this is different from my normal posts but this is just something I’ve been thinking about and I hope it makes you think too.

(image from here)
Related Posts with Thumbnails