Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nothing less


I found this picture and I love it. I love it because this is exactly how I feel. I hear the word religion and I can’t help but get a bad feeling in my stomach. And for most, Jesus and religion are one in the same. But not to me and this is why...

I don’t picture Jesus as a gentle sage or wise prophet. And I don’t picture him as this God in heaven who doesn’t care about my life and is just waiting to judge me. I know Him as sovereign creator over every single thing, who amazingly decided to love me and save me. Sure Gandhi and Buddha were great, but Jesus took the most humble step humanity has ever seen to rescue me and is still alive and working in my life today. It’s more than just a religion thing. Sinner, messy, imperfect, but I can have a real relationship with a holy God, because of Jesus.
There is nothing more amazing.

Sunday we were studying Hebrews and it talks about how He is Heir of all things, creator of the ages, meaning history isn’t happening as a result of random chance plus time. God’s not up there just hoping it all works out. Time is not spiraling out of control, it’s moving with purpose. There is a sustainer to it all and it’s Jesus. He is God with us. People try to reduce him down to something less than God come to save us but He is nothing less. I could never ignore such a great savior. Life can be really tough sometimes but because of Him I have a hope that it’s going to be ok in the end. Assurance from the son of God- a valid voice to trust I think.

And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
My only hope is in you. Psalm 39:7


(photos found here and here)
Related Posts with Thumbnails