Monday, April 12, 2010

Songs that never get old

Ok since I have music on the brain (see last post) I’ve decided to do another theme week. This week I’m going to post songs that never get old to me. Starting with…

Honey and the Moon by Joseph Arthur
you're the honey and the moon
that lights up my night.

Just a cute song that I've loved for years now.
And just for laughs I'm going to post a what were they thinking song too. And today's (which I feel silly admitting I did like this song back in jr high) seriously what were they thinking song is...

Summer Girls by LFO
Hip Hop Marmalade spic And span,
Met you one summer and it all began
You're the best girl that I ever did see,
The great Larry Bird Jersey 33
When you take a sip you buzz like a hornet
Billy Shakespeare wrote a whole bunch of sonnets
Call me Willy Whistle cause I can't speak baby
When I met you I said my name was Rich
You look like a girl from Abercrombie and Fitch
Cherry Pez,cold crush,rock star boogie
Used to hate school so I had to play hookie,
There was a good man named Paul Revere
I feel much better baby when you're near
You love fun dip and cherry Coke,
I like the way you laugh when I tell a joke
Summertime girls are the kind I like,
I'll steal your honey like I stole your bike
Bugaloo shrimp and pogo sticks
My mind takes me back there oh so quick
Let you off the hook like my man Mr. Limpet
Think about that summer and I bug,cause I miss it
Like the color purple,macaroni and cheese,
Ruby red slippers and a bunch of trees
Call you up but whats the use
I like Kevin Bacon,but I hate Footloose

 I seriously cut out maybe the 3 lines that actually were OK.  They must have thought, let's find all the words that rhyme and throw them into a song! So funny.

What are some that never get old to you?
Or that you wish would just go away and never come back?
You are tagged! Comment me if you decide to play along.

(photo from here)
Related Posts with Thumbnails