Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday


 A few things that stuck with me this week

  • The answer is always love. “The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.” Gal 5:6 "If I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."
  • The way up is to step down-humility. "It's when we empty ourselves that we are filled. Die to self so that you may live, give your life away so that you may find it, humble yourself so that you will be exalted."
  • Be slow to speak. “The more talk, the less truth; the wise measure their words”-Prov 10:19 and Ironically my fortune cookie today also said Keep Mouth Shut-the golden rule. This is definitely a lesson I'm still in the process of learning. I've been called an exhorter several times and one of the things it means is to give warnings or advice. But sometimes it's feels like it's better off to keep quiet. How to discern when to speak and when to stay silent?
  • and this made me really think...
John Piper wrote-"The critical question for our generation is this; if you could have heaven, with no sickness, and with all of your friends you had on earth, and all the food you ever liked, and all the leisure activities you ever enjoyed, and all the natural beauty you ever saw, and the physical pleasures you ever tasted, and no human conflict or any natural disasters, could you be satisfied with heaven, if Jesus wasn't there?

Today is Good Friday. It's the day that Jesus was crucified on a cross on my behalf. The nails didn't keep Him on that cross, but His unrelenting LOVE did. He is God! He could have called all of heaven down to rescue Him if He wanted, but He sacrificed His life so that I could LIVE forever with Him. Words cannot express my thankfulness for what He did for me. And then He rose from the dead! “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
There is no greater love than that. I hope every one has a great Easter weekend! Remember His sacrifice for YOU.

(photo from here)
Related Posts with Thumbnails