Friday, September 21, 2012

wake up early, stay up late

This is our routine most days. It seems like there are always a million things on the to-do list. I can't remember the last time I actually sat down and watched (not just listened while working) to a TV show. A friend reminded me a few weeks back to stop + enjoy my time with my boys while they are young. I get caught up in all the busyness and forget that they are more beautiful than anything I'm ever going to craft. My time with them is the most important. I need to not be in a hurry for a season to pass. I need to really soak in this special time with our little guys.
This past week we hit the road and took a beach trip with the family. Micah turned six. The boys experienced Disneyland for the first time. We enjoyed 5 whole days of nothing but having fun with them. It was the perfect end to the summer.
No matter how crazy things get, I need to remember to focus my efforts on today. Sow my best today, reap the blessings tomorrow. These boys are going to play a big part in God's next generation. I'm so happy that He let me be their mommy. That I get to love on them, teach them and watch them grow up to be amazing men. I don't ever want to take that for granted.
Related Posts with Thumbnails