Thursday, September 8, 2011

she made me do it

This past month has been a blur with all that's going on so once again I've neglected this modern day diary of mine. I promised a friend I would get back to it so here I am. Time to catch up.

My little shop had it's 1st birthday last week. Can you believe it's been a year! I'm still in shock over all that's happened. If you would have told me I'd have a page in Better Homes & Garden Holiday Crafts Magazine I would have laughed at you. But here we are on newstands now until January. I squeeled and jumped up and down when I saw it in the store. So unbelievably blessed!
I know I posted that we were going to the beach 3 weeks ago but due to a crappy little sickness that snuck up on me (2 hrs out of AZ) we had to turn around and come home. It took a few weeks to get back to normal but we finally made it to the beach this past weekend and had some much needed refresh time. Really wish we could have brought the 70 degree weather home with us though.
Did I already mention how much I really really enjoyed a vacation? ha.


Ok now to catch up on the deeper things...

Over the summer I went through a study on how the word describes a spirit-filled follower of Jesus and just how many of us go on oblivious to the supernatural power that lives inside of us. I don't have to wrestle through the rhythms of life on my own, "It's the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all." John 6:63  It's hard to give up that control and rely on the Holy Spirit to transform me inside out. Because I need him too. I really do. I want to be able to walk through hard circumstances with joy. And I know I'm not going to fulfill God's supernatural purposes without the Spirit. So I guess right now I'm still learning how to trust him to power me up to do what I can't do on my own. Learning to trust Him to be my sole source and sustainer.

A few weeks ago I committed to facilitating a women's study at church. They needed volunteers and I definitely felt the nudge. I also know that I'm not going to see the spirit at work when I'm always keeping myself in a nice comfortable spot. "It's when we get up and actually start running the play that He gets to work."

A week before the study started I had expected to be diving into the word and filling myself up before things began but that was not at all the case. I believe there is an enemy, he can't destroy me but he can throw me off track because that was what he tried very hard to do that week.  That's why Jesus told us to be on guard. Today I feel like I'm still walking around with a limp but I'm able to look back at that test and see that I was never alone. He is walking with me through every season. Each test just strengthens us for the next and teaches us to rely on Him even more.

So much I want to share. I promise I'm going to try to get on here more. Bye friends!

2 posts in 1 day!! whoo hoo!


Related Posts with Thumbnails