Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The invitation


A month ago the majority of my thoughts consisted of holiday plans, house decorating ideas, future dreams for the shop, and possible schools for Micah. 4 short weeks later and all of the thoughts are gone. They’ve been replaced with an overabundance of questions, and prayers, and heart evaluating.

Another blog friend wrote a post about how God makes you laugh. He invites all of us on an adventure; it’s just up to us to accept the invitation. And the invitation that Stephen and I received definitely made me laugh. It involves leaving a life of comfort and stepping into the unknown having to completely trust and depend on God for everything. And at first that thought terrified me. The thought made me feel like I was standing on the edge of a bridge, could I jump? Did I really believe that He would catch me? Each day that has gone by it’s like He’s left me big and small notes all around me saying “yes you can and yes I will.”

I know that we were all created for a purpose much greater than just living this day to day life to make ourselves happy. There’s so much more to this life than that. I have been blessed with such an extravagant gift of grace and salvation for a reason. And it’s not so that I can have a private relationship with God. It’s so that I can truly know Him and when you know Him you become like Him. Your life no longer becomes about you but it becomes about living for others, serving others, leading them to life, leading them to Jesus. I’m tired of just living for myself. 

“We claim Christ is necessary for salvation, yet we live our Christianity in silence, as if people around us in the world will be ok without Christ.”

I hope to be able to tell you more details soon. I think I've dropped enough hints that you could probably guess. But please just keep us in your prayers as there's some big changes ahead. I read this this morning and cried. It really pulled on my heartstrings.

"Courage is not about knowing the path. It is about taking the first step. It is about Peter, getting out of the boat. I do not know my five year plan; even tomorrow will probably not go as I have planned. I am thrilled and I am terrified, in a good way. So some call it courage, some call it foolish, I call it Faith. I choose to get out of the boat. To take the next step. Sometimes I walk straight into His arms. More often, I get scared and look down and stumble. Sometimes I almost completely drown. And through it all, He never lets go of my hand." Katie Davis
Related Posts with Thumbnails