Monday, May 17, 2010

chchch...changes


Change is never easy. You fight to hold on. You fight to let go.
-The Wonder Years

I’ve been kind of lost in thought this morning. I’ve been thinking about this thing for years now and I know that someday I’m going to have to make a choice and I feel like that day is getting closer and closer. I guess my hope is that by sharing this maybe one of you has been through a similar experience and can give me some advice.

You see I have difficulty letting go. Letting go of what is comfortable to me- my life in Arizona, my family being here, all my friends, everything I’ve ever known. It’s been my husband’s dream for years to move to Colorado. He’s always felt like that’s where we are supposed to end up. We even took a trip out there two years ago to check things out. Of course we loved it, but not all of my family was happy with the idea of picking up and moving. My family is very close and we took the trip together in hopes that we all would equally love the place and make the move together. But my brother didn’t feel like it was the right choice for him and his family. And my parents don’t want to be divided from either of their children. It’s a bit complicated. So we put the idea on the back burner, or at least tried. We just bought a house with the plan of being here for 5 years and then at the end seeing if maybe it’s the right time for the big change. It’s just really kind of tough. Do I continue to drag my feet so that I can keep my family together, or do I let go and let my husband lead us to where he believes God wants us. Kind of hard to make plans until a choice is made. This is just something that’s always in the back of my mind. I'm sure I will be getting a call from my mom in about 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...
Any thoughts?

(photo found here)
Related Posts with Thumbnails