Sunday, April 11, 2010

Where did all the good music go?

Today I turned the radio in the car to the "HIT" station. It's been awhile since I've listened to the radio and I admit I'm way behind on what's cool right now. But after about ten minutes of listening, I felt really dumb down. Seriously is this what music has become?




Now, the dudes are lining up cause they hear we got swagger
But we kick ‘em to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger
I’m talking about - everybody getting crunk, crunk
Boys trying to touch my junk, junk



Ok if you happen to like this song I will say that it does have a fun beat. But seriously the lyrics- ???! My favorite decade of music was early 90’s to early 2000’s. Seems like most everything that has come out in the last 5 or so years has been seriously lacking in the lyrically inspired department. I’m talking about “Hit” genre because I think there have been some pretty great indie and other genre songs that have come out recently. Does anyone else feel this way? Where did all the good music go? Dear teenagers, please stop making brainless music so popular and acceptable. And I'm not a pop music hater, I admit I like a britney song or two. I'm off to listen to some good ol 90's classics.

What are you listening to right now? Anything I would like?  I'm always welcome to new music ideas. :)

(photo found here)
Related Posts with Thumbnails