Friday, April 9, 2010

Loving the least of these

Hi friends. I posted a link on my sidebar that I hope you will all check out. It will connect you to an amazing organization that I recently heard about and think is just wonderful. So please take a look.

I've been studying a lot about what it really means to walk as Jesus did and I have to tell you, these have been some convicting days for me. As I've been diving into this I'm realizing that this is not what I've seen in today's christianity (for the most part) and it's something that I'm really hungry for. I want something much deeper than what I've seen and experienced thus far. How about you?

One of the things that has really stuck out to me has been in Matthew 25 when Jesus says "I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink..." and the condemned protest asking when and Jesus responds, "I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

We show Him love in how we care for people all around us who are suffering. If you really love Him, then you won't be hesitant to show Him. And you show Him by being compassionate to others. He didn't just give a little, He gave everything for us. "Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did."  I know I already said this a few posts back but I'm going to say it again. It's more than just believing, its about following.  I want to start following and be more compassionate. I want to empty myself so that I can be filled.

"The crazy invitation of Jesus is to die to self so that you may live, give your life away so that you may find it, humble yourself so that you will be exalted."-Mark Connelly

(photo from here)
Related Posts with Thumbnails